Sunday, January 4, 2009

Out with the old...

OK, so what is in the basement rack now?  Here goes:

Server # 1:

               This machine is an old Solid Modeling workstation from Intergraph.  Real old, probably 1998 or so.

  • Dual Pentium II 333 MHz processors
  • 256 mb RAM
  • One internal 8gb SCSI system drive
  • Four internal 160 gb IDE data drives
  • Windows 2003 Server, free license from a launch event

Server #2:

               This machine is an old Gateway server machine.  It was a faithful Exchange server for years...

  • Pentium III 600 MHz Processor
  • 512 mb RAM
  • Three 9 gb and one 18 gb internal SCSI hard drives
  • Two 160 gb and three 400 gb external USB 2.0 Hard Drives
  • Windows 2003 Server, free license from a launch event

I know... pretty pathetic.  Neither one of them even has a video card that I can get full resolution out of, but who cares, they are servers!  I don't need a fancy graphics card!

At my quick count, that is 2,204 gb, or 2.14 tb.  But most of Server one is empty... server two was supposed to replace server one a while ago, but I never migrated all of the home automation programs (Caller ID tracking, mostly) off of it.

In the next post, I will detail the items that I have ordered from NewEgg for my new Windows Home Server, and maybe a little about why I bought what I bought.  I did a lot of research, and I can't wait for the stuff to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment